fredag 28. november 2014

House of the rising sun - Art Journal DT Art Anthology

Good day all of you Art Anthology fans!
Hope you are all fine and getting ready for winter (at least it's nearly there here in Norway).

 Marianne here today and I'm going to show you an art journal spread again, featuring Art Anthology
I must admit - I page I really love and enjoyed making.

 The team got this "music" theme for our second posts and I knew exactly what I would do, or at least, which song I would make.
I simply LOVE the song "house of the rising sun", by Animals.
It's a song I learned to play (by myself) on both piano and guitar and a song I always use on my ear out walking (and often on repeat LOL )

 There is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
 And God, I know I'm one

 My mother was a tailor
She sewed my new bluejeans
My father was a gamblin' man
Down in New Orleans

 Now the only thing a gambler needs
Is a suitcase and trunk
 And the only time he's satisfied
 Is when he's on a drunk

 Oh mother tell your children
Not to do what I have done
Spend your lives in sin and misery
In the House of the Rising Sun

 Well, I got one foot on the platform
 The other foot on the train
I'm goin' back to New Orleans
 To wear that ball and chain Well,

 there is a house in New Orleans
They call the Rising Sun
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And God, I know I'm one.




 On these pages I tried to tell a story from the song, painting in houses, rails, ball&chain, trunks, sun etc.
Guess you now see how much fun I had making this!

 I started with a gessoed page and used the colors Colorations  Ink spot and salted caramel to make the background (added some spritz of Waimea Bay and some water as well)
 Used the birds-stencil Take flight (ohhh... I love this) togheter with Black Tuxedo Velvet and also the Dots Matrix-stencil for more texture.

IMG_6814

IMG_6817

 Here you see the trunks and suitcases
The small houses is made with a stencil and pattern paper by 7Dots Studio.
I used black Gelato on the edges of the houses


And some stamps on the background of course
The sign is made with the Stabilo all "magic pencil" and some water + Gelato

  IMG_6818

I've added Gold Metal effects on the roof, the door and in the windows, not so easy to see here IMG_6819

IMG_6820

The sun got  a coat of Stone Effect Bone. I planned to color it yellow, but decided to let i be neutral and just colored the "beams"

  IMG_6821

IMG_6822

IMG_6823

IMG_6824

IMG_6825


IMG_6826
Hope you liked my post and got some musical inspiration

 Hugs

  marianne_sig

1 kommentar:

Eila Sandberg sa...

Now how cool is this Marianne! who doesn't love that song I say. It's been a century or so since I've visited but I always keep a track of you even if my presence isn't visible in words. Ville bara höra av mig och krama dig tillbaka du underbara människa och kvinna, tack!! xoxox